Seriously, is it just me or does it seem like with each new phone comes some sort of new virtual assistant? I mean c’mon, some of these new phones are even starting to come with multiple assistants.
Samsung recently launched the Galaxy Note 8, S8 and S8+ with the company’s very own virtual assistant called Bixby. It even has a dedicated button. Now because a majority of Bixby’s functions are all doable through Google, we decided to put together a quick guide to help you remap (repurpose) Samsung’s Bixby button.
How to Remap Bixby Button on Samsung Galaxy Note 8, S8 and S8 Plus:
- Download BK Package Disabler (Samsung) from the Play Store. Yes, it costs $1.49.
- Download BK Plugin 2
- Launch BK Package Disabler and slide over to the right for SYSTEM.
- Apply check marks to all functions to completely disable Bixby. Full list below.
- *Continue only if you want to remap the Bixby button.
- Download bxActions Bixby Button Remapper & bxActions Pro – Yes, it $1.99.
- Launch bxActions and start app process
- Connect device to computer
- Allow access to phone data
- Locate your device
- Locate bxActions file
- Open application within the file
- Open bxActions app on phone to enable rempapping
- Grant app permission for bxActions – Bixby button
- Disable Bixby Home (may have to be enabled beforehand then disabled)
- Make sure to keep Bixby button remapping enabled
- Open “Actions” to customize your desired actions
- Choose your actions then test
And that’s all there is to it. From this moment on, Samsung’s Bixby button can be used with the actions of your choice.
*Disclaimer* disabling system applications may cause some functions to not work properly. Perform at your own risk.